Job Title: Agricultural Field Technician
TeamAg is a group of passionate and skilled engineers and consultants working to improve the environmental and economic performance of farms across the mid-Atlantic region. TeamAg succeeds when our projects support farm operations that are easier to use and more cost effective for farming families, protect and conserve natural resources, and ensure that local agricultural landscapes are economically and environmentally viable for generations to come.
We are seeking an Agricultural Field Technician to assist our Engineers with fieldwork and design work as described below.
- Engineering Surveys– New sites, construction stake-out, and as-built plans using GPS survey equipment
- Construction Inspections – Stormwater management facilities, manure management systems, and best management practices
- Site infiltration testing and soil probes
- Upload survey points, photos, and site notes to handoff to design engineer
- Assist with Erosion and Sedimentation (E&S) Control and Stormwater Management design plans and reports
- Assist with applications for National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Water Quality Management, and PA Ch. 105 General Permits
- Assist with manure management system designs and certifications
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Technical Degree or Technical Background
- Previous surveying or construction experience
- Strong interest or background in working on farms
- Previous experience in geospatial design software like AutoDesk Civil 3D and/or ArcGIS
- Ability to work efficiently and successfully with little supervision
- Able to learn and develop new skills related to TeamAg’s services
- Must be able to carry equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to operate 4-wheeler
Apply by sending resumes to: Sarahx@teamaginc.com
Working at TeamAg:
Create Impact: TeamAg is recognized by both farmers and professional conservation organizations as a regional leader in providing quality agricultural services, which we’ve done for the past twenty years. Our engineers design systems that help farms work better for farmers, improve water quality, and minimize greenhouse gas emissions. From food security, to wildlife habitat, to extreme weather conditions, to stable communities, every small farm has a role to play. Join our team to help ensure that small-scale agriculture continues to be a viable cornerstone in our region.
Enjoy our Work Flexibility: A common motto at TeamAg is: “Family First.” While we prioritize time in the office to work collaboratively, you’ll have the opportunity to set a schedule that works best for you. As a small company, we respect every individual’s need to find an appropriate work/life balance.
Work on Diverse Projects: TeamAg supports a wide array of farm sizes and project types, keeping work fresh. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with farmers and other conservation professionals to develop designs that meet farmers’ needs. In addition to desk-based design time, you’ll have the opportunity to break up your routine by stretching your legs in the field. There’s also great satisfaction in seeing a job well done; from breaking ground to closing out (a true barn raising!).
Grow Your Skills: In addition to encouragement and support for continuing education and degree programs, you’ll learn a lot by working closely with an experienced and knowledgeable team. We are called TeamAg for a reason! You’ll get to work closely with seasoned professionals with backgrounds in agricultural planning, environmental resource management, agronomy, and regenerative agriculture, to develop comprehensive solutions that work for the farmer.
Enjoy Comprehensive Benefits: TeamAg provides medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid leave, and matched retirement. We also offer a fleet of vehicles for fieldwork.
Join a Fun, Supportive Community: We work hard, but have fun too! Summer barbeques, holiday parties, and regular monthly team lunches are great ways to build friendships and improve your lawn game skills.
120 Lake Street
Ephrata, PA 17522