Job Title: Conservation Program Specialist
This position is with a Lancaster County Agricultural Engineering and Consulting firm working in the Mid‐Atlantic region. Our staff of engineers, nutrient management planners, and agronomists provide knowledgeable engineering and consulting services with integrity and professionalism.
TeamAg has an immediate opening for a Conservation Program Specialist. The qualified individual will be responsible for the development of environmental planning and permitting for agricultural operations throughout Pennsylvania including, but not limited to, Nutrient Management Planning, Odor Management Planning, Soil Conservation Planning and CAFO Permitting. This position will require some travel, the ability to perform field work in adverse conditions related to field site visits to farming operations, soil sampling and manure sampling, and traversing multiple acres on foot. Verbal communication skills and the ability to deliver technical information in written form are a must.
Position Location: Lancaster County, PA
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience: At a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Environmental Resource Management, Soil Science or other agricultural or environmentally related field is required.
A PA Act 38 Nutrient Management Planner Certification is required; certification for PA Act 38 Odor Management Planning is recommended but not required. The ability to write a soil conservation plan to meet PA-DEP Ch102 regulations is required but certification as an NRCS Certified Conservation Planner is not required but is considered a plus.
If hired the applicant will be expected to complete certifications (if not already certified) for PA Act38 Odor Management, NRCS Certified Conservation Planner, NRCS Registered Technical Service Provider and NRCS Certified CNMP Planner all as part of personal development for the
Working at TeamAg:
- Create Impact: TeamAg is recognized by both farmers and professional conservation organizations as a regional leader in providing quality agricultural services, which we’ve done for the past twenty years. Our engineers design systems that help farms work better for farmers, improve water quality, and minimize greenhouse gas emissions. From food security, to wildlife habitat, to extreme weather conditions, to stable communities, every small farm has a role to play. Join our team to help ensure that small-scale agriculture continues to be a viable cornerstone in our region.
- Enjoy our Work Flexibility: A common motto at TeamAg is: “Family First.” While we prioritize time in the office to work collaboratively, you’ll have the opportunity to set a schedule that works best for you. As a small company, we respect every individual’s need to find an appropriate work/life balance.
- Work on Diverse Projects: TeamAg supports a wide array of farm sizes and project types, keeping work fresh. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with farmers and other conservation professionals to develop designs that meet farmers’ needs. In addition to desk-based design time, you’ll have the opportunity to break up your routine by stretching your legs in the field. There’s also great satisfaction in seeing a job well done; from breaking ground to closing out (a true barn raising!).
- Grow Your Skills: In addition to encouragement and support for continuing education and degree programs, you’ll learn a lot by working closely with an experienced and knowledgeable team. We are called TeamAg for a reason! You’ll get to work closely with seasoned professionals with backgrounds in agricultural planning, environmental resource management, agronomy, and regenerative agriculture, to develop comprehensive solutions that work for the farmer.
- Enjoy Comprehensive Benefits: TeamAg provides medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid leave, and matched retirement. We also offer a fleet of vehicles for fieldwork.
- Join a Fun, Supportive Community: We work hard, but have fun too! Summer barbeques, holiday parties, and regular monthly team lunches are great ways to build friendships and improve your lawn game skills.
120 Lake Street
Ephrata, PA 17522